A Pearl Louise Design
Calling all flirty girls! Isn't this "shoe quilt" simply irresistible? Sew much fun to put together, this pieced and appliqued quilt just makes people smile. We found this to be about the easiest fusible machine applique project we've ever done and the results are delightful.
Featuring shoe styles to suit just about anyone, this large (81" x 81") fashion statement quilt appeals to the flirty girl in all of us! You can't help but laugh when you see the name of each shoe, and we bet you'll have the songs for which the shoes are named running through your head as you make each block. In fact, you can listen to our exclusive "soundtrack" HERE!
During this 12-month program, you'll receive the following:
Each fabric is marked so you can easily identify what goes where, and you'll receive the fabrics shown in our sample. As you go through the program you'll receive occasional tips on what we learned and what we did to make construction easier - not that you'll need many tips. Pearl Louse's instructions are very clear and well illustrated.
- Months 1-4: Patterns & fabrics for "My Shoe Rona", "Gloria", "Layla", "Mustang Sally" and "Proud Mary" (two shoe blocks in Month #4).
- Month 5: Pattern & fabrics for "Jezebel" and sashing squares.
- Month 6: Pattern & fabrics for "Jolene" and Star Point Sashing Segments.
- Month 7: Pattern & fabrics for "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds".
- Month 8: Patterna & fabrics for "Help Me Rhonda" and setting triangles.
- Month 9: Pattern & fabrics for "Diana" and the first border.
- Month 10: Pattern & fabrics for "Wake Up Little Suzie" and the Scallop Border.
- Month 11: Pattern & fabrics for "Ruby Tuesday" and the third border.
- Month 12: Pattern & fabrics for "Peggy Sue", the fourth border, finishing instructions and binding.
This quilt was designed for fusible web machine applique but of course you can use your preferred applique method. (For needle-turn you will need to add seam allowance to each applique piece.)
Fusible web for this project can be purchased separately here. (This project requires 7 yards of 12” wide light fusible web and we offer Lite Steam A Seam until it runs out, and then we’ll switch to Pellon EZ Steam II. We also offer SoftFuse packs of 10 sheets each; you would need four packs to complete this project.)
This 12-month program is $ 22.00 per month, which includes all the patterns, fabrics for top & binding, and postage. No registration fee and no extra shipping charges!
We also offer an accelerated 6-month program, or if you prefer, you can purchase the complete kit at once. Choose your option from the drop-down below.