Payments and Returns
- Payment can be made securely with any major credit, debit card or electronic check through PayPal. No Paypal account* is required!
- * We recently learned that when you check out, IF you already have a PayPal account, PayPal will direct you to pay using that account. If you don't want to pay through PayPal, please call us at 877.871.1713. We will be glad to take your order over the phone. For Block-of-the-Month programs, we can bill you directly each month if you don't want to be billed by PayPal.
- Orders ship FREE (within the U.S.A.)!
- Most orders placed Monday-Friday before 3:00 p.m. EST are shipped that day (in-stock items only; you will be notified if anything in your order is not available).
- Most orders placed Saturday before noon EST are shipped that day (in-stock items only). Orders are shipped via Priority Mail through Columbus, Ohio.
- Orders placed after noon on Saturday and throughout Sunday are packed and shipped on the following Monday (unless it’s a postal holiday). Exceptions for out-of-stock inventory still apply.
- Copyrighted pattern and book sales are final; no returns are accepted.
- Kit sales that include copyrighted patterns are final; no returns are accepted.
- Cut fabric orders may be returned within 30 days of purchase; contact us (877.871.1713) for information.
- Notions that are unopened, in original packaging, may be returned within 30 days of purchase; contact us (877.871.1713) for information.
- We are not responsible for manufacturer defects or customer mistakes (for example, fabric cut incorrectly thus requiring replacement fabric). If you receive a product from us that has a manufacturer defect, please contact us immediately and we will work with you to resolve the issue. Pattern instructions that are unclear or written incorrectly are the responsibility of the pattern designer. We are a small family-owned business and as much as we'd like to test every pattern we sell, it simply is not possible.
- We recommend pre-washing all fabrics prior to cutting & sewing. Today's fabric manufacturers produce high-quality fabrics with dyes and inks that rarely bleed; however, it does still happen on occasion. If you do not want to pre-wash your fabric before using them, we HIGHLY recommend using Shout Color-Catcher sheets the first time you wash your item. This will catch most bleeding that might occur, thus saving your new creation from being ruined.
- We charge actual shipping costs as charged by the United States Postal Service for international orders.
- When the postage is calculated too high on an order, we refund the difference back to you.
- We do not charge any handling or packaging fees.
- We are happy to ship internationally; occasionally our shopping cart fails to add postage to an order and when that happens we will email you to ask for your preferred shipping method (listing the costs for each option) and then invoice you separately for that postage. International orders are all hand-carried to the post office; if the postage charged is less than the amount we invoiced you, we refund the difference.
- Current international postage rates can be viewed here.
Sales and Discounts:
Back Order Policy
- Sale prices and discounts are only valid during the actual sale period. We do not offer refunds or discounts on any items purchased and shipped prior to a sale date.
- If you order an item that subsequently goes on sale the day after your order is shipped, you are welcome to return it (in new, unopened and re-sellable condition) within 30 days of purchase for refund of the purchase price. NOTE: Copyrighted patterns are an exception to this policy. However, if you notify us within one week of the pattern in question being put on sale, we will happily refund the difference in price.
- Purchase of an item at the new “sale” price will be handled as a new and separate transaction from any returned item.
We do our best to plan ahead and stock adequate inventory at all times, but it’s difficult to predict the popularity of any item on any given day. We are open online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to shoppers around the world, and although our cart system is set up to prohibit ordering items that are not in stock, backorders do happen occasionally. In the event of a backorder ConnectTheBlocks.com will contact you within 24 hours via email to let you know your options.
Providing you fast and friendly service is our #1 goal. We want you to receive your order as quickly as possible and we do our very best to keep an adequate on-going supply of inventory to ensure you receive your order FAST.
If you have a backordered item we will email you within 24 hours to let you know the status of that item. We will go ahead and ship the items in stock, and when the backordered items come in we will ship those to you immediately with no additional shipping charges. If all of your items are out of stock, we will send you an email letting you know when we expect to be able to fulfill your order.
Backorders and split shipments are available only on regularly stocked items. Special promotion items may or may not be backordered; we will state up front if an item is limited to sales of stock on hand and notify you if we have sold out of that item. Likewise, clearance, closeout, discontinued and temporary overstock sale items will not be put on backorder. We will notify you if the item you ordered is no longer available.
IMPORTANT: Please make CERTAIN your email address is correct when you place your order so we can contact you if there are any issues.
Refused Order Returns
· Any order refused by a customer resulting in an order being returned to us, upon receipt of the package ConnectTheBlocks.com will immediately refund the customer for the items in the order, less shipping cost, as shown on the customer’s sales receipt. Shipping costs are not refundable.
Claims for Missing, Wrong or Lost Items
We strive to fulfill your order perfectly, every time, but if an error is made by ConnectTheBlocks.com, please follow these guidelines:
· Please inspect your order upon receipt, and notify immediately if anything is missing, or we sent you the wrong item.
· All claims for missing or mistaken items MUST BE MADE WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS of the customer’s receipt of the order.
· All claims must be submitted in writing to quilt.junkie @ ConnectTheBlocks.com, and include the order number in the subject line.
o If you do not receive a return email within 24 hours, please assume we did not receive your claim and either re-send the email, or call us at 877.871.1713. Please leave a message if we do not answer the phone, with your name, phone number, and the issue that needs attention.
· Please notify us promptly if your order is not received within 10 days of placing it.
· If the item is lost in the mail due to an error by us, or by the carrier, we will replace the item or refund the money paid. For USA orders we must allow up to 14 business days for any orders to materialize before we can make a replacement or refund. International orders require 21 business days for any misdirected packages to materialize before we can take action on your behalf.
· NOTE: The shipping label will print out names and addresses EXACTLY AS ENTERED BY THE CUSTOMER. For this reason we are unable to replace or refund any orders missing due to customer error. Please be sure this information is accurate in the shopping cart at checkout.
CONNECTTHEBLOCKS.COM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE RATES AND/OR POLICIES IN PART OR IN WHOLE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.